Keeping Healthy by Exercising With the Family
Keeping healthy is highly important Did you know that in the UK 70% of adults were deemed overweight last year
Our mission is to promote and enhance the health and well-being of communities through exercise, fitness and sport.
It’s something that we’re incredibly passionate about and we’ve worked hard to put together a range of activities that can make a real difference to the lives of everyone in the community.
Being active is a wonderful thing and we hope that you’ll find something on these pages that encourages you and your friends and family to visit us.
How to set goals you’ll actually achieve fitness
A major reason people don’t stick to new year’s resolutions, or fitness goals in general, is because they’ve set their goals poorly. The way in which you define your goals and design your completion process can influence whether you achieve the result you want.
7 steps to goal setting
- Set simple goals that are easy to measure
- Set process-based goals, i.e. ‘I will exercise three times a week’.
- Make them achievable. Consistency is the key to success. You must be able and willing to do this every week for the rest of your life.
- Make them enjoyable. Think about the process that you will have to undertake in order to achieve your goal if you look forwards to completing the process, it’s easy.
- Make sure your process falls in line with the outcome you are looking for. If you want to lose weight, make sure you eat healthily and include high-intensity fat-burning exercise into your regime.
- Experiment. If you want to see a change you must change something, try some new things and keep them if you like them.
- Reward yourself for completion. Make sure you know you’re doing well.
What not to do when setting goals
- Set hundreds of goals, you will lose track of them
- Expect yourself to change your lifestyle overnight. Make a few small changes at a time
- Set performance-based goals, i.e. ‘I’m going to lose 2kgs this month’.
- Fall victim to the all or nothing mentality. Something is always better than nothing
Exercise with the Family
Take part in the new craze of the buggy run. For the new mum determined to get her pre-pregnancy body back fast, running with a buggy is the workout of choice.
For a smooth trip for the baby too we recommend twin pushchairs from the Kiddies Kingdom.
When you do you’ll find some of the most exciting and innovative activity experiences around - some that you just can’t get anywhere else!
We strive hard to provide healthy activities in a clean, safe and welcoming environment where trained and qualified people will endeavour to make your visit both pleasurable and memorable.
Regular Health check-ups
It’s important to take regular check-ups with your GP, dentist and optician to make sure there aren’t any problems. Many health problems people have aren’t evident without a professional’s examination.
For example, 37% of adults don’t realise they have gum disease until they visit the dentist. Quite often, they will ignore the signs of bleeding gums and bad breath until it is too late.
- Dental Implants
- Teeth Whitening
- Porcelain Veneers
- Dental Crowns
- Composite Fillings
- Root Canal Treatment
Click here to see more cosmetic treatments.